Bicycling Magazine's Complete Guide to Bicycle Maintenance and Repair for Road and Mountain Bikes
Over 1,000 Tips, Tricks, and Techniques to Maximize Performance, Minimize Repairs, and Save MoneyBook - 1999
Fix a broken chain with a shoelace!
Improve shifter performance with dishwashing detergent!
Inside are thousands of tips to repair and maintain any road or mountain bike. Whether it's the latest model or a classic that has thousands of miles on it, beginners or experienced riders can keep their bikes on the road longer and spend less time in the repair shop. With this ultimate repair manual:
* Build a dream bike workshop with complete plans and comprehensive tool lists
* Wow ride partners with tricks for fixing breakdowns with a minimum of tools
* Roll wheel hoops and save time and money
* Dial in suspension shocks for comfortable rides
* Discover top tricks from professional mechanics
* Expertly work on any style of brakes, including the V-Brake
* Overhaul freewheels and cassettes for peak performance
* Service clipless pedals for maximum safety
What's new in the expanded and revised fourth edition?
* Updated text that covers the latest models and parts
* Over 160 new photos so you get repairs right the first time
* Clearer, better designed captions so you can read as you repair
* Troubleshooting sections to quickly identify and correct common problems
* Web sites and phone numbers of bicycle and parts manufacturers
* An updated glossary with the latest in bike lingo
From the critics
Try searching for Bicycling Magazine's Complete Guide to Bicycle Maintenance and Repair for Road and Mountain Bikes to see if BPL owns related versions of the work.