The Secret Life of the Dyslexic Child
How She Thinks, How He Feels, How They Can SucceedBook - 2002
For the first time ever-- a look inside your child's secret world
Dr. Robert Frank, whose own dyslexia didn't stop him from becoming an educator, psychologist, and author, takes you inside the emotions and frustrations of children with learning disorders.
In Part One , you'll discover what your child never told you about:
* How your child's mind works
* What your child is feeling
* The separate worlds of "Us" and "Them"
In Part Two , you'll walk in your child's shoes to see for yourself:
* What it's like to think like a dyslexic
* What it feels like to be different
* The emotions that can disrupt your child's progress
* How to bridge the gap between your child and others
In Part Three , you'll get a clear picture of:
* The diagnosis of learning disorders
* How your reaction affects your child
In Part Four , you'll receive expert advice to:
* Establish goals for your child
* Create a game plan for success
* Work better with teachers
* Boost self-esteem
* Find success at school, at home, in life
Your child isn't dumb. Your child isn't lazy. Your child is dyslexic...and needs your help.
Your child may need help reading and writing, but more than that, he needs you to understand him. Now you can, as you go inside the emotional life of children with learning differences.
In The Secret Life of the Dyslexic Child , you'll finally discover what your child goes through every day. You will come to understand his struggles with things you take for granted, such as reading, writing, memory, and following directions. What's more, you will learn, step by step, the best ways to help him reach his true potential.
For the first time, you'll truly understand:
* The frustration of studying hard but getting poor grades
* The aggravation of taking forever to complete tasks that others finish quickly
* The fear of public embarrassment
Above all, you'll learn the simple steps you can take to help your child:
* Build self-esteem
* Create a life of success
* Be happy and confident
Your child's bright future starts with understanding his secret life!