Stop Panic Attacks in 10 Easy Steps
Using Functional Medicine to Calm your Mind and Body With Drug-free TechniquesBook - 2015
This step-by-step guide to preventing panic attacks provides simple strategies for stopping a panic attack on the spot and overcoming them in the long-term. Sharing her personal and professional experience of panic and anxiety disorders, clinical psychologist Sandra Scheinbaum presents tried-and-tested methods, including new cutting-edge approaches based on functional medicine.
You will learn how to:
- Understand what panic attacks are and recognise symptoms
- Trust your body's own calming methods to control panic without the need for medication
- Find your abdominal breath and relaxed breathing patterns
- Let go of clenching and muscle tension through relaxation exercises and postural awareness
- Use positive mental imagery and avoid irrational thinking
- Find deep belly laughter, even in the midst of a panic episode
- Eat well with calming foods and advice on supplements.
The ten easy steps in this book will help readers to control their fight or flight response and overcome panic attacks naturally and permanently.